Thursday, December 18, 2014

Manga taste

I think I started reading manga in my secondary school days. Truthfully, I forgot how I was introduced to it, neither do I remember my first manga. I think, THINK, I found what manga was when anime was first introduce to me, I remembered my first anime though. It was Clannad. It's a really meaningful film and I was addicted to the anime culture for a while, before I realise that reading manga was more towards my taste.

Though I don't remember my first manga, I know what my taste went from then till now. It has changed ALOT. I remembered being so into romance and shoujo manga at the start. And I can proudly say, that I've read thru like nearly 1/2 of the romance manga provided back then. Pftt I don't have a life. I was really into the gender bender genre, but I am NOT into yaoi or yuri. I've tried and I just find it uncomfortable. But hey, everyone have different taste, maybe it's just me since yaoi is liked by almost every girl, which is something I don't and will never understand. I remembered Basara(great piece), IS(this teaches me a lot of stuff), Hani Kimi(duh), Hwang Mi Ri(manhwa) and many more. My favourite piece from this genre was Savage Garden, and I still read it once in a while.

The next phase was one-shot manga. I remembered being frustrated at mangas that are not completed, especially the chapters that stopped at the climax, so I told myself I would only read manga that are completed. To prevent myself from being irritated when waiting. Anddd that motto stayed till today ahha. I was still really into romance genre, except now it has turned to the one-shot ones, until a particular manga.

It was 'Mars'. It was a romance and physiological genre, and it was completed heh. It was, and still is, one of my favourite manga. The story has a lot of depth inside the characters, the ambience and the story. I was emotionally scarred, being the young me at that time, who wasn't expose to such deep stories. Then, I found out that psychological stories are really interesting. So I shifted my view/searching to the that genre, and most of the time, it would be mixed with horror, or violence

I was horrified at the start. I remembered getting nightmares after reading some of those that were really.. grusome. I was a pussy lol. I remembered Akumetsu, Holyland, Gantz, Money is Life and more. They were the one that stood out.

Just recently, I finished Kiseijuu, and the most recent Dr Frost ahha, which is 2 days ago, it has stopped updating last year. I always read those that is not updated for a year or more. Sometimes when I'm lucky, it is completed, otherwise, it's not and it will never be updated - which is good as I don't have to go back searching whether it has updated or not.

Now, my genre is COMPLETED manga ahha. Though it is a bad thing, as I'll miss out a lot of really good manga that is ongoing. But eventually, they'll be completed and I'll read them. I won't have to wait till then heh. I've finished Tokyo Ghoul and Slam Dunk which are really popular when it's ongoing, but I waited till it was completed to start, so my patience level is really high heh.

OF course, sometimes when the manga is really 'HOT', I would still read them. Like Noblesse and SnK. Levi's charisma is da best ~.~


Let me share the joy with you

No comments:

Post a Comment