Sunday, November 23, 2014

Jor's BD

We went to East Coast to celebrate Jor BD. It's a buffet lunch!! That place is so cool with fish tanks welcoming the guest and a beautiful lay-out of dessert of the buffet table. THAT is when I started wondering "Where's the food?" For all I see is the dessert. Then POW, we gotta order the food from the waiter, but it's still a buffet. The most unique one I've been to.

The dishes in the menu was so classy! It looks like the one you'll get during a wedding banquet. Those that are served in a large plate and we have the small plates, to placed the scooped food onto it. Anyway, the food there is AWESOMEEE. And I felt that it was really worth the price paid as I get to eat a whole lobster. WHOLE. Topped with burnt grated cheese and the lobster itself was huge! Imagine eating that in Jack Place, which can easily cost like $50 or even more.  But we paid like $38.98 for a person, including BUFFET. This meant that we can eat other tons of delicacy besides the lobster itself. HOW worth it.

I ate fried salted prawn, which tasted a lot like prawn topped with potato chips. Mushroom, abalone(even abalone!), shark fin, dong fen, porridge and many many more. Though for some dishes we can only order it once, specifically one serving for one person, but it was enough.8

Lastly, like every good buffet restaurant, the DESSERT. I have to emphasize. Afterall, for every buffet restaurant, the dessert section always have the prettiest display, of puddings, cake and ice cream, though for this restaurant they don't provide ice cream. But they have ice jelly, almond paste and local delicacy, like oneh oneh. They have this one particular dessert in a cup, which contain thai chestnut mixed with coconut. My mum love it a lot. Initially I thought it was strawberry as it was in a deep pink colour, but it turns out to be these small pink little chestnuts. I tried one, it was sweet and crunchy like an apple, and maybe because it is like that, I didn't liked it lol. But it was the prettiest among the other "dessert in a cup".


I manage to take a picture of two dessert in a cup!

Damnn, that is the only photo I took among the beautiful journey of gourmet. I guess I pretty much understood why people love to take pictures of food, for some are so prettily decorated! For those who take a photo of every food they eat, that I still don't understand. The spoon to scoop the inside of the small cup is SHO small and cute! If only I can share the joy. It was the length of my index finger, it was so thin and it's in black! I was so infatuated by the size that I almost stole one home. Haiii

No comments:

Post a Comment