Monday, June 23, 2014

M'sia Class Trip - Day 2 (13 June)

Woke up in the morning feeling like... AWESOMEE! Did it before my alarm rang and I was probably the first to wake up despite how late I slept last night, and I wasn't even tired *gasp proud of myself*. Guess maybe it was how hard and uncomfortable the bed was that made me wake up so early. But I didn't leave the bed, cause I don't wanna be the first to go to the toilet ._. Just as I was about to doze off again, YX woke me up (because I asked her to, thinking I would oversleep)(But I was already up so the correct term would be 'skake me up' LOL what? 0.0), and this meant that someone else will enter the toilet before me HO. Off I go to the toilet after YX and did my shitting before anyone else enter and smell the stench. Waited for the others to get ready and off we go to breakfast!

Breakfast and the GOOD PART
It was better than last night dinner, and the Milo was 'home-like' *homesick moment sob* The sun was directly hitting on the dining area that we took our chair to the plain field of grasses with better shade, consuming the food on our laps ;-; 

The good part! We are going HILL TREKKING!! I was excited at the same time worried as I reminisced back to me sec 3 days where the hill trekking was at night, and the only things I saw were my shoe and fireflies, with sweat all over ;-; But the hill trekking now is daytime! So I was above clouds~ The instructors warned us that the gradient would be very steep, and told us NOT to be clumsy lol.

'That looks easy' - me before this hill prove me wrong 

The Trekking
Yes, it was very very steep, I was underestimating it when I looked at the hill ._. There were ropes tied between trees to aid us with climbing the uneven grounds of nature.
^  We started AT THIS! ^
Look at how STEEP that is?! 
Imagine what a fall that would have been!!! 
(Took a bunch of photos from the photographer phew)

It was manageable for me but half way up the hill, YX cut her finger by a wood hanging harmlessly on a tree!!! The blood was dripping from her finger ;-; I added 'harmlessly' as really, you cannot underestimate the power of nature, that wood acted like nothing when I pass it, and YX said she was just brushing it away when it stung her! Add on, she plucked out the splinter that she said was inside her finger, which resulted in the oozes of blood flow ;-; Luckily the instructor was there to cleanse out the wound and bandage it! 

Okay, after that we arrived at the top of the hill!! The scenery was a.m.a.z.i.n.g.



I guess those lands were the one we talked about yesterday lol. Sprinkled with fluffy clouds and dark sky, ripple on waves and the vast ocean , really a beautiful sight ;-;
Ahaha the females owning the hill *awesome like dat*
Here's to concurring the hill with a class photo. WOOoo00


K. Down the hill we go, which was harder then when we trekked up! Made it all in one piece, and while we waited for the rest of the class to arrive on flat ground, we were food for mosquitoes. Even with my long sleeve, the mosquito would still stick their 'mouth' in knowing well that I would see them so visibly on my bright clothing, smart moveeee

WELP back to the dorm for a quick wash-up and off to our lunch at the same area again, now packed with our baggage Hooo. We boarded the bus to our next venue, and I slept again for an hour or so.


Trip to Old Folks Home
After the satisfying sleep on the bus, we alighted at a deserted place filled with rows of houses.We needed to walk for quite a bit before arriving at the venue for the old folks home, as the bus cannot enter any more deeper in the narrow road. We headed for the restroom as soon as we arrived and luckily, we were one of the first to enter the wash-room with only ONE cubicle. So that means the people at the back will have to wait hehheh.

It was a HUGE place that not only include the old folks, but it also provide a place for the mentally-ill and orphans. They toured as around their campus, walking through classrooms and dorms of the people living there. Truthfully, it was a sad sight... It wasn't exactly a 'bright' place to stay and the touring has already made my heart heavy ;-; The instructors told us to talk with the old folks, and I was worried at that time, that I might be even more sorrowful hearing their tales ;-;...........

Listening to the briefing attentively at the start ~ Purple FTW!

BUT fortunately, the old folks not as 'dejecting' as I thought they would be! One of the old lady was even from Singapore, friendly and somewhat joyful, so it's pretty easy to talk to! There were definitely past stories from other elderly which wasn't as pleasant as the lady we spoke to..

WELP let's skip to the part where we sang a song for the nice old lady! ANDDD truthfully, I think the song murdered the simple ambience we had.... as the song was SAD. Why oh why did we choose that taboo Chinese song WHYY ;-; I don't know about my other classmates, but that was definitely the wrong song! What if it triggered a memory she don't want to remember? What if it reminded her of her children that abandon her? What if she was actually not sad, but it made her sad afterwards? *internal scream - NOO*

*Breathes in deep* SO k, when we were exiting the old folks home, there was this nice old man shaking hands at the rows of student strolling out, so I went to shake his hands like everyone else(!) And my friend told me that he was like a VIP shaking hands for us, poor peasants, to vote for him lol. AND apparently, two of my classmate cried when we were outside of the home... BUT let's not dwell on sad matters ;-; AND onwards to the shopping mall!!


Shopping Mall - AON
The shopping mall is relatively close, so before I manage to doze off, we arrived in the destination! And it turns out that the shopping mall was the one my family been to all the time when we go to M'sia! Such coincidence~ We went to KFC at first with the whole class, planning to eat together. Buttttt it turns out that almost half of us wanted to eat pizza hut which is right next door! I guess some of the other classmate wasn't feeling pleased as they were not co-operating.. but to come all the way to another country for the same kfc is like such a waste! So in the end, we parted ways and our lecturer handed us 10 ringgit each for our dinner. I guess I was in a neutral zone during their heated discussion(as I was not there ;-;). It was after, when we parted ways, that my friends told me about the story! I was reserving the seats to miss such an interesting discussion ;-;

Soooo we went to pizza hut, ordered only pizzas and we had to chipped in more of our own cash as it was not enough for the entire meal. Add on, it was not filling at all... But I doubt having kfc for dinner would be filling as well.. Also, I don't see the point of them separating ways if they are gonna eat food that can be seen all over sg -__- There were so many more restaurants in the HUGE shopping mall, that I don't understand why they chose this over all the one's we never see in our own country. I didn't state it out as it would be selfish of me, and they already had their mind set on that whole pizza thing. Add on, I didn't dislike it to the point I would be all upset, it was just an unexpressed thought that I'm ranting here haiiiiii.

After the meal, I guess by that time we had like only 30 mins till we have to board the bus, we shopped in the HUGE shopping mall. Obviously it was not enough T-T But we manage to spend the time speed-walking so no second was wasted, and I bought J.co Donuts! It. was. awesomeeeee~  I wanted to buy shoes at first, but I can't find any close to my desired footwear.. so I guess I bought the doughnuts to sooth myself that I at least bought something as a 'souvenir', though I ate it before I return to Singapore lol.

The rest of them bought breads in a very popular bakery. JW said that the charcoal bread there was the best and it's healthy! But it was black(greyish-black to be specific, exactly this colour highlighted!!) so it wasn't very appealing to me ._. I tried it and truthfully, it taste the same as any other loaf of bread, just a million times softer(I guess this is the reason why it's popular lol) The queue was also SUPER long and the store was practically packed, even standing temporarily to look at the many types of bread was a difficulty, being pushed around like a ball.

SOO we manage to board the bus on time and that is the end of the ENTIRE trip in M'sia before returning back to the custom ;-; JY and I chatted a lot along the way, than the other long bus ride we had, my guess was that the trip was ending and we wanted to talk more than to sleep, or we were just not tired at all lol.

End of the trip!
WELP arrived home by taking the taxi! I was a bit wary of taking the taxi alone, paranoid that the driver is going to kidnap me to somewhere unknown ;-; But all was well LOL. The trip was AWESOME and I would definitely go again with the class! The climb was the part I enjoyed the most among all the other activities! Extremely exhilarating and I get to concur the small mountain which made me feel really really contented hahah

I will end this entry here! Hope you had as much fun during the short holiday as I did. CHEERRRRSS~


No comments:

Post a Comment