Monday, August 15, 2016

Hello Snowy!

GOT A HAMSTER OUT OF THE BLUE.
Omo I didn't know video can be uploaded like that.
It's a male in case you are wondering.

I must justify myself. This hamster is unplanned LOL.

I've never thought of taking care of pets, big or small, since my last hamster (in primary school), and I was pretty sure my mum would forbid it too. Simply because it takes time cleaning and if it dies, it would be a bother to feel sad and bury the body. 

Furthermore, it would be my mum that does the cleaning since I would be schooling and the cost of buying food/toys/toiletries for another living creature that does no benefit to the home (besides being a companion) is out-of-the-world no.

Thus, never have I pester my parents for an animal since I knew the consequences that comes with it.

SO how did this come about?
We passed a pet shop with those hamster displayed in boxes (like all pet shops) and I turned to look at those scurrying creatures.

Then my mum asked whether I want one. OUT OF THE BLUE. LIKE SUDDENLY.
So I scoffed and sarcastically replied "Sureee. You will allow meh?" because I was 100% certain she was joking (the usual), like how she mentioned whether we want to own a dog or cat lol.

THEN SHE GOES "Buy lah" and said we would after getting the groceries. 
I went "Okay lorh" thinking "Pfttt how old am I? Hai yao pian xiao hai zhi (Trick children basically)"

True enough, after getting the groceries, we went back there and she told me to choose one hamster.
I was half-laughing through the entire process of buying - choosing the cage to food to the bathing sand.

The responsibility part hit me when it's time to signed the terms and condition of the hamster.
Man, 3 pages of ticks and signature to confirm the stuff I need to know. 

SO IT'S DONE.
I GOT A HAMSTER.
I THOUGHT I'D NEVER HAVE.
IT WAS A PLEASANT SURPRISE.
AND IT'S ALSO MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT.

Dang. End of how I meet Snow(y).
It's called Snow/Snowy since I'm not creative and the fur it greyish white which resembles dirty snow. Thus, he's nickname shall be D.S LOL. Sorry for not giving you a better name.

I LIKE YOU MORE THAN I THOUGHT I WOULD. It's a tiny round furball. ADORABLE.

Shall take an official picture of Snow(y) when the time comes.
WELCOME TO MY HOUSE, WHICH IS YOURS TOO NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment