Friday, January 15, 2016

The worst interviewer I've met so far

Today is the first formal interview I have with the school, and it's not great. The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am.

Never assume or stereotype where the person came from.

"If you are financially stable, it's okay if we don't send you on the trip right?" Tell me how does the money my parent's earn, relate to me signing this trip out of my own interest? This was never about our financial background, rich or poor, it's about those who have the qualification to enter with their own achievements. It's like saying "Oh you are financially unstable, we must send you on the trip cause you don't get to experience these things as much as a rich person does." It's insulting both the stable and unstable.

"I heard people from ICT cares a lot about gadget, technology and objects, more than society today?"
"Oh you like drawing, it must be manga or anime art right?"
"You read books, it must be about Japanese culture?"

Like what the hell is wrong with you. It's true that in different schools, there is different kinds of people, and more of 'these' kinds would appear in a specific school.

That DOES NOT imply that everyone is the same under similar teaching.
It's like asking a student "People from ITE or Poly is not as good as JC right?" or an Asian "People from Asia have small eyes right?" or a female "Shouldn't you stay at home and cook instead?" STEREOTYPING.

Girl, you are living in the twenty first century, prejudices is something that should be prevented, not promoted. As an educator and interviewer, you are doing a terrible job presenting your image to your student.

Overall, I was pissed because I wasn't able to defend my title as a student of my school at that point in time. You have not seen what people from the school of ICT achieved cause you're so blinded by your perception of what people say or the people you've met.

Residing my anger, I realised that people like her are those that cannot be educated by words, but by experiencing it themselves. Then would they know how narrow-minded some people are, before they realise they are what they say.


The worst interviewer I've met so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment