Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Sarcasm

I started reading books in wattpad, which I haven't touched since 3 or 4 years ago. Found this book that contains a lot of the lead using sarcasm, and it's brilliant. Sarcasm can never be proved better. Then I realise not everyone can be sarcastic, and it really is a talent trained. But then, as much as I love the author's way of expressing the characters, I don't think sarcasm is a good way to deal with people who are already emotional. That's just pricking the obviously-already-know-I'm-in-the-wrong people, making them feel worst. And sarcasm to deal with a person's weakness is something I disagree on as well.

Note this: ALREADY EMOTIONAL people.

Other than that, I don't see why sarcasm is a harm and should be stopped. Some questions obviously deserve the remark.
"You came back from the toilet?"
"No, I came back from the moon, took a drink with Mona Lisa before sky-diving here."

Trust me, my sarcasm level is not at all near the professional. And I've met those that can handle mine, as much as I can handle theirs. If one can't, how do you expect them to be 100% real when their around you? It's a part of who they are. If you're hurt by the comment, after knowing that person for a while, getting back by being sensitive is wrong. It's like telling the person to stop painting red, when he's been doing it along and you are okay with red till now.

Moral of the story:
Confronting a sarcastic person is like stopping an art form you don't like yourself. Accept it or leave it as it is, as simple as that.

If only I can be like the pros, that'll be awesome for comebacks. After all, sarcasm trains the thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment